Friday, September 30, 2011

Ups and downs (and horse poo and crazy boys)

Today was a very bipolar day...

DOWN: I started crying during lunch... No real reason, just overwelmed, I guess. I had absolutely no clue what was going, even less than usual. Lunch was chicken and ham and cheese in breadcrumbs, and it was delicious, but of course, Sebastian and Domingo had to get into a fight about whether or not there was cheese in it, and proceeded to not only punch each other numerous times, but also to pick apart their food in order to prove their respective points, until it looked like a disgusting mess, and I was so confused and tired and annoyed that I actually started crying. Which you would think would've made them stop fighting, but no. Welcome to the life of an exchange student.

UP: I can now have basic conversations in Spanish (well, Spanglish, really, but more Spanish than English, which is the important point, and, still, it's something). Yesterday I had a full on Spanish conversation with Franco, and even though he had to repeat most of what he said at least three times for me, I actually comprehended it. I found out that he applied to go on exchange next year and is waiting to find out if he got excepted, and wants to go to the U.S., Germany or Italy. And I told him that he absolutely HAS to come to Arcata, because it is the best place in the entire world. (Although Talca comes in pretty close). I wonder if I have string-pulling capabilities? Hahaha. 

DOWN: I can now say things in Spanish! Yay! But every time I say anything, the response is "Aww, she's so cute when she speaks Spanish!" This isn't exactly confidence boosting, but, oh well, at least it's better than everyone laughing at me, which is what I sometimes do when Franco speaks English. :)

UP: I bought a candy bar from a convience store pretty much all by myself, with very little help from Domingo, who was standing RIGHT there the whole time and could've been a real help, but whatever, the little twerp. I managed to convey to the saleswoman that I was from the U.S. And didn't speak much Spanish and had only been in Chile a month, and she understood me(!) and was really nice about it, and wow, I felt awesome! :)

DOWN: I was home alone and decided that I wanted to go off on an adventure, but when I asked Anita, she made Alvaro accompany me. I don't need a guardian! Especially because Alvaro is younger than me..

UP: My adventure was not exactly what I wanted it to be, but I had a lot of fun with Alvaro anyway.

And, the rest of my day... Well, mas o menos, fue loco. Muy, muy, loco.

Nobody was home, except Domi, Seba, Alvaro, and myself, and the three of them decided that I needed to become 'accustomed' to the country. As if I'm not already--I barely even notice the smell of horse shit anymore. Alvaro's goal for my exchange is that, by the time I leave, I will love the carucho (this is what that crazy roller coaster horse-cart is called). Which means that I was pretty much forced to do this multiple times today.

Believe me, I put up a lot of resistance: "NOO! TU LOCO! Y TU LOCO, Y TU LOCO!!!"
I was assured that this time, Alvaro would NOT drive the horse crazily, which he didn't, but, just my luck, the horse went mental and started running all over the place, and into things, etc. Domingo and I jumped off, Sebastian managed to stay on but was jostled all over the place (although extremely proud of himself) and Alvaro was thrown off and dragged behind the horse, which, of course, I found extremely funny. Karma!!

After much, much protesting, they convinced me to ride it again, because if I didn't ride it, or a bike (I can't ride the bikes here, the gears are different and it messes with me) I would be left out. So I gave in.

And Alvaro and Domingo went insane. The horse is already at a gallop and here they are, going "YAH, YAH, RAPIDO, MUY RAPIDO!""
and here I am, going
"OH MY GOD, I'M GONNA DIE!!! AHHHH!!! YOU GUYS ARE FREAKING INSANE!!! I HATE YOU ALL!!! I'M GOING TO DIE!!"

Actually. Those were my exact words. And after that, I grew some brains and refused to do it again, and screamed at them a whole bunch more, because really, they are all crazy (but all in good fun, of course) and laughed a lot when the horse went loco again and they fell off.

Oh, and also, I am sure you will be very interested to know that my neighbor's pedophile beagle tried to rape my puppy, Tonka, right in frnot of me, and it was very scary. She is really, really, scary, and she is really little and only three months old (and yes, she is mine, I stole her from Alvaro and she follows me everywhere, and I am gonna smuggle her back to Humboldt with me in my suitcase, just so you know). And here is Domingo, encouraging this vile act ("Grace, they're in love!"). No, Domingo, obviously this is dog rape, she's only a puppy and doesn't know what she wants. But, seriously (en serio) what is with all this animal sex?! I never saw this in Humboldt, and now, it's like a daily occurrence. Like, have you seen your animal sex yet today?

Anyway, I'm gonna take a shower and wash off all this horse poo and mud, so Chao! Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment