Thursday, September 22, 2011

Strikes and slumber parties

Today I actually saw evidence of the education strike... So far it hasn't really affected me, because only the public schools are closed, which I am thankful for, because as boring as school sometimes is, without it my Spanish would suffer. And I would not have any friends.
Anyway, today, as I was walking to lunch with my friends, the college students were marching around the plaza. And there were soldiers everywhere watching everything, it was a little intense. Vincente asked me if I was scared, and I was like "No, should I be?" and he gave me a really non-committal answer that freaked me out a little bit.

Also, I saw somebody get hit by a car today (non-related to the education stike, though) which was actually really scary. I think he was alive, because an ambulance came and took him away, but he was definitely unconscious. I witnessed the entire thing from the apartment window, and it was pretty intense.

On a happier note, tomorrow night I am attending a slumber party at a friends house and am really excited. And on Sunday I am going to Santiago for inbound orientation. And, at some point, I am going shopping with Claudia. So it should be a pretty good weekend.

Chao! Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment