Friday, September 9, 2011

The birds are singing....

Really, they are. All of them. That includes the chickens, roosters, and crows. Mostly it's kind of nice, but the stupid rooster cock-a-doodle-doos every 5 minutes, and it drives me crazy. But at least I'm able to sleep through it now. I'm adjusting to everything else, too. I'm finally able to eat all of my meals (a real feat, let me tell you) I know which shoes to wear when (pssshhh, only a complete idiot would try to wear something other than work boots or tennis shoes outside :P ), I'm not caught off guard when someone tries to kiss me on the cheek anymore, and I've got the daily routine down pat. So I think I'm doing pretty good... Good enough to start school on Monday? Mmmm... Possibly. Most of me is incredibly excited to get out of the house, and meet people, and leave these long lonely days in the dust, but there's also those first day of school jitters, multiplied by a thousand, because I don't speak the language and with my blonde hair, I might as well be an alien. But I've toured the school, met a few of my classmates, and borrowed an old uniform of Max's, so I suppose I'm as ready as I'll ever be...(although I can't tell you how happy I will be to get my own uniform--a girl's uniform--Max's does not do me justice. Haha)

Wish me luck!
--Grace

1 comment:

  1. foto nuevo! de tu viaje?? yo espero para el mapa de claire. listas para escuela y mas adventuras! does the whole fam go to the same school? how do you get home? rotary weekend coming up, too. you are an outstanding blogger, and have more followers than g in instanbul! te amo mucho, mi hijita mejor (that means oldest/and or/ best. jaja!
    tu mommy

    ReplyDelete