Sunday, October 2, 2011

Best Day :)

I just had the best day yesterday. And now, I am in a semi-awake state of pumped/exhausted. Finally, all of us Talca exchangers were able to get together and hang out, and, oh my goodness, not only is it so awesome to be with people who speak the same language as you, but, also, I am living in the same city as some awesome people. 

First, I met up with Mayella from Holland, and Robin from Germany on the plaza in downtown Talca, and my host brother Franco happened to see us and join us, which was cool because he is also good friends with Robin and it is nice to have someone fluent in Spanish with you. So the four of us bought some soda and chips and stuff, and snacked in the park and listened to music and talked about exchange life, and it was soo nice. 

And then, Kelly and Taylor, from Oklahoma and Illinois, met up with us, an we went shopping at all the big department stores, which was cool just to see them, but Taylor and I decided that everything was way to expensive for our lowly exchanger budgets, and went off on our own to find cheap hopping, which we did. And I'm pretty sure none of the Chileans that I know would have approved at me shopping at those places, because it was rows of street vendors, and little shops that were barely nicer than street vendors, and Chileans are just kind of like that, I think. But, to me and Taylor, it was awesome. And I definitely need to go back there, because I don't have very much clothes here, and it was soo cheap. I went in to one shop, and pretty much bought everything I liked (but some of it was gifts, so I am not completely selfish) and I only spent four dollars. It was shopping heaven...

Then the six of us met back up, and went to get completos for lunch. Completos are Chilean hot dogs, and they are way better than American hot dogs, and really traditional Chilean. And we discovered, that while we were out adventuring in the street market, Franco and Robin had bought all of us these little charms that said our names on them and 'Chile' and they had to get them specially made because obviously our names are not common in Chile. And Franco and Robin, who are best friends, made one that said 'Franco + Robin' and all of us girls just about started crying it was sooo adorable. They are seriously the sweetest couple of guys that I have ever known, and I could write a book about all the cute and funny things the two of them did yesterday, but I won't. 

Then Mayella told us that she and some friends from school were going to a discotheque that night, and as none of the rest of us had any plans, we made plans to go with her. But that didn't work out, because the rest of us were under 18 and our host parents said that they probably wouldn't let us in, even though thy probably would, just because we are foreign and blonde, but whatever. 

Franco and I had an invitation to go to a friends house from school, so we decided to do that instead, and Robin and Taylor were able to come.

It wasn't quite as exciting as we'd hoped, I think Taylor and I were really hoping to go dancing, but it was fun anyway, and it was nice to get to know some of the guys from school better, and to talk with Taylor and Robin who are both hilarious, Robin especially. Taylor and I spent the whole evening cracking up at everything Robin did, to the point of rolling on the ground laughing, and the Chileans pretty much thought we were insane, because obviously they didn't understand why it was funny. And I was taught how to play pool, which I am terrible at, but I blame it on the fact that my hands are tiny and don't fit around the pool stick. I'm serious. I cannot get my hands in the right position. And Taylor was barely better than me, so even though all of the boys were totally cheating for us, and pushing the balls in the right direction, we still both only get one ball in. And then, we were taught how to play soccer on the xbox, and we were even worse at that. We both scored on our own goals, it was pathetic. But very entertaining to everyone else, apparently. And afterwards, Franco and Taylor and I took the sketchy-est taxi home, because some girls who go to Taylor's school and are apparently way to cool for everyone else, stole our taxi, even though they knew it was ours. And Taylor and I were really scared that something bad was gonna happen, because it wasn't even really a taxi we were in, just a car with a radio and a driver, but, we got home okay, and it was only six dollars, which was awesome. 

And now, I'm waiting very patiently and quietly for Franco to wake up, because we slept at my Grandma's house in the city so that we wouldn't have to take the taxi all the way to Pelarco. And it's 11 o'clock and he's still sleeping, and not only is he sleeping, but he is talking in his sleep, and while its very entertaning, there is absolutely nothing to do, no internet or anything, and I am writing this on the notepad of my iPod. But I'm almost finished... And I kinda want to go find a drugstore, because I really need some deodorant and a new toothbrush, but I think if he woke up and I was gone, it would be really bad, and I don't know who to ask or how to ask because I don't have a dictionary on me, because of course, nobody told me I would be doing anything tonight after the party, so I have nothing except my iPod and my wallet... So probably I will stew on this dilemma a little more, and maybe I will find a solution...

Anyway, it was a really, really, good day, and I am friends with some awesome people, and we are planning to do this again next weekend, because Johanna from Germany couldn't come, but mostly cause we just had so much fun. :)

Chao! Grace

P.S. Also, it was awesome to be with exchange students, because pretty much every Chilean I know smokes and drinks (except one), and some of my exchange student friends don't smoke or drink either. So I'm not alone!  

P.P.S. He's awake!!! Yes!

P.P.P.S. In your third 'p.s.' do you add another 'p' or another 's'? 
Anyway, I just thought some of you would be interested to know that I just ate pecan pie for breakfast, because I was hungry, and that's what there was.

No comments:

Post a Comment