Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Chilean Education Stinks

Those are not my words, unfortunately. A classmate said that, but I have to agree with him. We go to school for such a long time, and learn absolutely nothing (I mean, not that I would learn anything anyway, but, nobody learns anything. We do no work). Today, I taught my classmates how to correctly pronounce the words to 'I'm Yours' by Jason Mraz and 'Dynamite' by Taio Cruz. I went to school for 8 hours today, and that is absolutely the only thing I accomplished. No, I didn't even really accomplish that: only one of my friends can sing either of hose songs without making me crack up from their horrible pronunciation.

Until today, the only class I was expected to actually work in was math, but, we have moved on from logarithms to sine and cosine, and now I don't even understand math (despite the fact that I took Precalculus last year; sorry, Mrs. Walsh, I remember absolutely nothing). Even my English teacher won't let me take the English tests, because she is afraid everyone will copy off of me (which they would have). Every once in awhile I take notes, but most of my teachers have a horrible habit of giving notes orally, and it's impossible to understand. I an quickly acquiring a large collection of doodles. And in most of my classes, no one does anything anyway, so I just talk to my friends.

My Spanish is slowly and painfully getting better.

Chao, Grace

P.S. I found out that that place I went to over the weekend was actually a bakery. I'm not exactly sure what made it a bakery, but the woman who owns it speaks some English, and was telling me something about baking and selling cakes (?). I guess there were some cakes there, among everything else. I'm still a bit confused, but, whatever.

2 comments:

  1. so you miss school(work)!!! jaja! voy a dicer esto a senor johnson, senora moore, senora condit, senora walsh, ... posible tu tienes hacer notas, muchas notas, para un grande exam? cuando entiendes mas espanol, clases van a estar mas interesante. creo que si, espero que si. los maestros en chile crio de gatos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace I love your blog! :D

    Also, I think it's funny how I completely understand the comment above mine, and you would probably easily understand a lot of the things people say to me... yet your in Chile and I'm in Germany. <3

    ReplyDelete