Thursday, September 8, 2011

Now I'm a REAL cowgirl!

Speaking of...

Speaking of cows, guess what I did today, of all things? (I'll give you a hint, it has to do with cows) :) 

Alvaro, the boy next door who takes  care of all the animals (and possibly owns most of them, I'm not really sure) helped me saddle up the horse, and then, after numerous tries and many bad translations from Domingo, finally got it across to me that the cows needed to go back on the barn before I could ride, by which I assumed he meant that he would put the cows away. So when the cows were still there, I kinda assumed that I had misunderstood--not unusual; today Alvaro, Domi, Sebastian and I went on a walk, and the whole time I thought we were going to see a baby horse, but it turns out it was just a walk--and finally Alvaro says, in espanol, "Grace, please put the cows away!" 

So today, I herded cows. All by myself. And I got all six of them safely in the barn on the first try. It was quite exciting, I'm still a little overwhemed, like "Oh my goodness, I can't believe I just did that! I'm kind of awesome! Whoa!" 

Haha, not to be too modest or anything. :)

3 comments:

  1. Actually, I did that Yesterday. The wifi here is pretty flaky--when it is working right, it only works in Emilio's study, one hallway, and one chair in the living room (but only if you tilt the computer the right way). The hot water is like that too--one minute you'll be taking a warm shower, the next it will be freezing cold, and 2 seconds later it will be scalding hot. Just to keep you always on your toes. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace, sounds like you are having a great time! When I was a young kid I played on my Grandma Great Daum's farm but I did not herd any cows, I might have tried to herd some chickens. Not successful. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us

    ReplyDelete
  3. not more fun than cat herding, was it? i actually herd kittens pretty well, this week anywyay!

    ReplyDelete