Thursday, September 15, 2011

School fair

This Sunday is September 18th, Chile's independence day, and today, school was one big celebration. There was a fair with food booths, and a dance competition where a bunch of he elementary school kids dressed in the traditional outfits and danced the cueca, the official dance of Chile. Domi came in second which was really exciting, but the competition was totally rigged because the judges just picked the cutest kids. I made a ton of fun of Domingo, because while he was twirling his handkerchief over his head, it fell and landed on top of his sombrero, and he couldn't figure out where it went. It was really funny.

And then I came home and napped for three hours. And it felt really good.

By the way, I actually really liked Mass. Of course I didn't understand what was being said or anything, but the music was really cheerful and nice, and I got to hang out with my friends afterward. So it was all good.

-Gracie

1 comment:

  1. grandma will be happy you enjoyed mass! what did you eat, and what celebrations will be happening on sunday for independence day?

    ReplyDelete