Monday, September 19, 2011

Yep, I'm an exchange student

"You know you're an exchange student when you have a supply of some food that you are hoarding because you can't get it wherever you are"

In an ideal world, I would be hoarding broccoli and carrots... I miss vegetables so much! Because I stopped considering potatoes a vegetable long ago, the only veggies we eat here are tomatoes and salad. And both are covered in salt. Mealtimes, on the rare days when Anita isn't here to cook for us, go something like this:

--Are you hungry, Grace?
--Yes
--Do you want some carne y papas?
(Nooooo! I'll eat anything, but not more meat and potatoes!!!)
--Umm, sure.

So, instead, I have a hoard of chocolate in my room, as an incentive to finish all of my meat and potatoes, and I'll just have to hope that some broccoli and carrots find their way to me soon.

 "You know you are an exchange student when... you begin to think like you're 4 again, because you have no language...You begin to feel like you're 4 again, because everyone just leads you from place to place and you never know what's going on."

So true.
Chao for now, Gracie

Oh! Oh!
P.S. I saw some horses having sex again today! And I would really like to say that I was totally unfazed by it, like, 'yeah, I see horse sex all the time, whatever' but I found it totally hilarious and started laughing so hard I almost fell off the horse that I was riding at the time, which would have been terrible, because Alvaro and Domi would've laughed at me and my horse probably would've trampled me to death because he was a really mean horse. But, yeah, in the country, horse sex happens.

3 comments:

  1. dad made broccoli and carrots in your honor! just think, when you return, you will crave all kinds of meat, potatoes, salt and sugar. you'll say what, hamburger? chicken? it that it? enjoy the horse breeding, and the brothers. you don't get that here! i hope to hear more about indepence day. be nice, blogger o blogger. love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you refresh our minds. How old are the boys you live with?

    ReplyDelete