Saturday, October 8, 2011

Not your grandma's bingo

So yesterday, Claudia tells me "Grace, you and Taylor are going to bingo tonight. Call her right now and tell her." I kinda felt like I was being thrown out of the house, but later realized that the rest of the family was going to a cousin's birthday party and didn't want me to be bored. Because the last cousin's birthday party I went to, I was definitely bored and I think the family knew it. So I ended up going to bingo night at De La Salle (Taylor and Kelly's school) with the two of them, and a few of their school friends.

I was expecting some little thing, with not that many people, maybe in a classroom or something. But when Franco and I arrived (Franco used to go to De La Salle and has his own friends there) he told me "Call Taylor and find out where they are" and I replied "They're at bingo". "Yes, Grace, butn bingo is big."

Big was an understatement. The whole gym was filled with people, and not just the tables, but the bleachers too. There must have been at least 500 people there, probably more. When we walked in, the bingo host was wearing a sparkly silver tuxedo and singing a song to applausal and catcalls from the audience. It was intense.

Ahhhh, Max just turned off all the lights to "save money" and now I cant see the keyboard. Which is not good, because this is a Spanish keyboard. I dont know where the apostrophe key is.  If my typing gets really bad, its not my fault, i swear. รง

Anyway, the craziest part of kbingo night was during the halftime show. Yes, this bingo was so intense that it had its own halftime show. The bingo host sang some more songs, and some "dancers" came on stage that looked anylod danced like prositutes. The host invited some people from the audience to dance with them, too, and at one point they started ripping one mans jacket off.... Thankfully, everyone stayed mostly clothed....

Meanwhile Kelly and Taylor and I are staring in shock and going "IS THIS NORMAL?!!". This was at a Catholic school for goodness sakes. Crazy. But, it was really fun.


Yeah, so that was my adventure...
--Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment