Monday, October 31, 2011

And here's where I left off...

So, again, summary of the last few days for you:

Thursday, Rotary meeting. Of course I happened to be incredibly sick, and so it wasn't fun for me at all. Then I spent the night at Eduardo's house.

Friday, I went to school and then went home for lunch at Eduardo's. After a really long and much needed nap, Carolina took me to the river, where we walked around, played foosball, ate churros (my favorite!) and I tried  mote con huesillos, which is a typical Chilean drink that consists of syrupy water with corn and dried peaches in it.
Then the two of us went home and made empanadas for dinner, which were delicious. And then, we took Robin and Taylor and some of Carolina's friends to a 'club'. But we couldn't go to a real club, because none of us foreign kids were 18/had a fake I.D., so we went to this sketchy place where we knew they wouldn't card us. It was... interesting. There was a lot of drinking, a lot of drugs, some really cool rapping, and some not-as-cool fire breathing (which mixed with the drinking and drugs was incredibly terrifying). But it was an experience.

Saturday I went to my abuelo's 80th birthday party. It lasted from 1pm to midnight, and was really tiring.

Sunday I hung out with Robin, and I bought myself a really nice camera, and as soon as I have a free moment, I will upload some pictures. Then we went to Mayella (from Holland)'s birthday. Taylor and I stayed the night at her house, and we didn't fall asleep until 7 in the morning. It was really nice to be at a slumber party and be able just to talk, you know? To be able to understand people is so nice.

Today is Halloween!! I slept until noon, came home for lunch and am now waiting very impatiently for Emilio to wake up, so that Claudia can ask him if I can get a ride into Talca, to spend the night at Taylor's. We decided we are either gonna try to go trick-or-treating or find a Halloween party to go to, because it wouldn't feel right if we didn't do anything...

So, yeah. I'm going to try really hard to be better at updating my blog, I think the posts are way more interesting when I only have a few things to write about, not a few days. I think that I'm getting way more used to Chilean life, I'm becoming busier and things are becomming more routine and less novelty. So it's a little harder to write about.

Anyway, I'm gonna mess around with my camera and figure out the best way to get these darn photos up. I'll let you know.

Love and hugs!
Gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment