Friday, February 10, 2012

I swear I haven't forgotten about you all...

It's been awhile, hasn't it?

I blame it on not much going on.

The summer heat is driving me crazy--yes, I'm complaining about being on summer break. Sorry, guys. I'm ready for the school year to start up again. I'm not ready for real American school, though.

Wednesday I went to Santiago, just for the day. It was nice--I got to see the American Embassy (although they wouldnt let us in!!), visit an exchange friend, and, the best part, eat at both subway AND taco bell.

Santiago was fun, but it made me love Talca so much. I really do love Talca a lot.

I also spent a week with my family in the south of Chile, (Temuco, Licanray) and that was okay, but it also made me miss Talca.

Otherwise, I've just been hanging out, avoiding the heat. My Spanish is getting to a nearly-fluentish stage. I think. Most of my friends can only speak Spanish, which is great. And a Chilean friend who speaks fluent English heard me have a conversation in Spanish for the first time the other day, and he told me he was really surprised and impressed. So I'm feeling pretty good about myself.

-Gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment