Friday, December 30, 2011

In his defence, i'm pretty sure it wasn't my host grandpa's idea to put lingerie in the pinata. i

So. Tuesday night I switched families. My new family is really sweet. My favorite things are that I have a bathroom that I don't share with four boys and thus is not incredibly disgusting, I have wifi that is good enough that videos dont take four hours to load and it works all over the house, it doesn't take me an hour and a half to get into town AND my new family eats more vegetables. Nice!

Things I miss: having a yard; having brothers; The fact that the sink is always empty (if theres nothing in the sink it's easy to wash your own dishes! Who knew?); having a practically live-in nanny who washes my clothes so that, if someone else is washing my underwear, at least it's somebody I know...

That last one... Immediately after I moved into my new house, I went with my host mom to Valparaiso for one night to help my host sister move out of her apartment, leaving my half-unpacked suitcases on the floor and my (folded) clothes all over the place. When I came back, the maid (who I haven't met yet) had finished unpacking all of my things, which means she went through all of my stuff including the sexy lingerie I was forcibly given (by well-meaning host aunts) from the pinata at my host-grandpa's 80th birthday party and had since forgotten about...

...awkward...

... I'm still a little shocked that those words made that sentence.. and came out of my mouth...

No comments:

Post a Comment