Friday, December 30, 2011

ANYWAY, On A Less Weird Note,

Valparaiso:
ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CITIES I HAVE EVER BEEN TO.

You are right to love it, Mommy.

I was just telling my friend, Mayella, how I loved Chile and would love to visit again but couldnt ever really see myself living here.

Then I went to Valparaiso. I could see myself living there. Not forever. But for a year or two, maybe.

It reminded me a little of San Francisco, but probably that was just the bay, the crowdedness, and the hills (Valpo also has straight-upward streets and sidewalks that are really just stairs).

It's a super poverty-ridden town but, oh my goodness, it's beautiful.

I was only there for one night, and i spent a good amount of time apartment-shopping, apartment-cleaning, and in Viña del Mar (also beautiful. But wayyyy more upper-class. And touristy.) So I didn't get to see as much as I wanted to. But I know I will be going back at least two more times this year. So no worries.

love, Gracie

p.s. Mom, sorry I didn't get that picture you wanted of me on thw beach with all the houses rising above me. I didnt actually get to the beach, and all my pictures were taken from the car. See my excuse above^^ :D But i'll get it eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment